Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holi-Daze

It's the holiday season, so that means I have a cold.  Yuck.  The really depressing part is that I was planning to go to an amazing vegan holiday party tonight in a neighboring town.  But it's hard to enjoy delicious food and wonderful company when you're blowing your nose every other minute and trying not to get germs on everything.  This is really too bad.

On a happier note, just before I started to feel under the weather, some friends invited my husband and me over for some holiday festivities.  We brought some Silk Nog with Southern Comfort and our copy of Christmas Vacation.  They provided delicious vegan sugar cookies and all the fixin's to decorate them.  Here are my creations:


The cookies were really wonderful.  My friend who made them is not vegan, and she reported some apprehension at her first attempt at vegan baking.  She said she'd never bought Earth Balance before, but she was pleased with it after this first attempt.  In fact, we all agreed that the result of her efforts was a total success.  Her husband even took the leftovers to work the next day and he said his co-workers were raving.  It's really nice to have thoughtful friends that will experiment with vegan cookies for your benefit.  I am truly blessed.

Next weekend, my husband and I are visiting our families.  This could prove tricky for my eating habits -- I hate for people to make a big fuss over me.  At the same time, though, I really don't feel up to cooking a whole meal for myself everywhere I go.  I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.  Again, I'm lucky to have such understanding family members.

Hope everyone is having a warm and love-filled season.

No comments:

Post a Comment