Thursday, October 6, 2011

Vegan Month of Food

...And this is a great time to come back, right?  Because October is Vegan Month Of Food! Bloggers all over are blogging about vegan eats this month.

I'm going to get back into this slowly by telling you what I had for dinner last night: edamame hummus!  After a super jumbo burrito for lunch, I wanted something light and tasty (and easy to make).  And boy is it easy!  If you've never made hummus from scratch, you should really try it - it takes only a few minutes, and you can create endless varieties!  You don't have to stick to tradition and use garbanzo beans - I've made hummus with any beans I have lying around.  Black beans make a nice, southwestern twist.  Last nigth, I pulled a bag of Trader Joe's Shelled Edamame out of the freezer, thawed it in the microwave, and I was ready to go.
Just toss that bad boy in the food processor and it's on!
D-I-Y hummus is so fun because you can make it to your own taste.  I scooped a heaping teaspoon of tahini in, a drizzle of olive oil and a splash of water to make it nice and creamy, juice from half a lime, and salt and pepper, then I just turned on the cuisinart and watched the magic happen!



Yum.

(photos in this post courtesty of http://juliasvegankitchen.blogspot.com/ and http://foodologie.com/ respectively. Please don't sue me, I am still working on technical difficulties)

No comments:

Post a Comment